With next month's Still Hidden conference fast approaching, the GM Talent Match Project Team are delighted to announce confirmed speakers for the event.
The guests will be helping us explore how to continue to improve the life chances for young people furthest from employment in Greater Manchester. Still Hidden will also examine how GM Talent Match has unlocked the potential of this hard to reach group, and the role the voluntary and community sector, the public sector and employers have played in this.
The conference will also see GM Talent Match launch its Still Hidden report - a series of recommendations about the next steps to further support the 15,000 hidden young people in Greater Manchester. This group are not on benefits or in employment, training or education, and they receive no statutory support.
The confirmed speakers for the conference are:
- Dawn Austwick, Big Lottery Chief Executive
- Kate Green, MP for Stretford and Urmston and Commissioner for Learning and Work Institute's Youth Commission
- Councillor Sue Murphy, Manchester City Council Deputy Leader
- Edna Robinson, People's Powerhouse Chairman
- Councillor Tamoor Tariq, Chair GM Police & Crime Panel
- Laura-Jane Rawlings, Founder & CEO of Youth Employment UK
When reserving tickets delgates can also select their preferences from a rich variety of workshops.
Still Hidden is taking place at Gorton Monastery on Thursday, 11th October. Bookings are still being taken. Details and booking link as follows:
Date: 11th October 2018
Time: Registration from 9.45am for 10am. Event ends at 4pm. Lunch included
Venue: Gorton Monastery, M12 5WF
For prices, full event details and to book your place, please click on this link: https://gmtm-still-hidden-conference.eventbrite.co.uk