We want national, regional and local decision makers from all sectors to attend our 'Still Hidden' conference taking place on Thursday, October 11, 2018. Our aim is to create a platform from which we can continue to improve the life chances for young people furthest from employment in Greater Manchester.
Dawn Austwick, Chief Executive, Big Lottery Fund
Kate Green MP, MP for Stretford & Urmston; Learning & Work Institute Youth Commission
Laura-Jane Rawlings, Chief Executive, Youth Employment UK
Edna Robinson, Chair of the Peoples' Powerhouse
Councillor Tamoor Tariq, GM Police and Crime Panel
Councillor Sue Murphy, Deputy Leader of Manchester City Council
It is important that we don’t just mark the end of our programme (ending December 2018) but get the people in the room who can help us create a legacy of lasting change. For that reason we will also be launching our Still Hidden report at the event - with recommendations about what needs to happen next.
To book your conference tickets please click here.
We will be exploring how Greater Manchester Talent Match has unlocked the potential of young people, as well as the role employers and the voluntary, community and public sectors have played.
The day will feature influential keynote speakers and the opportunity to participate in a range of engaging workshops that will draw upon our experiences of working with young people, community sector organisations and employers across Greater Manchester. The workshop titles are below. To read a summary of workshop content, please follow the booking link above. Here you will be able to state your preferred workshop choices.
- In tune, same page? The truth about multi-partner, multi-sector delivery partnerships.
- Tapping into talent: How to attract your hidden future workforce
- Co-production: making it work for everyone
- Talking the same language: The impact of keyworkers and community-based organisations
- Not just tokenism: The benefits and learning of involving young people in project design and delivery
- In sight, in mind: A deeper look at our Still Hidden report
- Payment by results and other models: What works and what doesn’t
- The glue which keeps partnerships together: Creating effective relationships between employers, support organisations and young people
- Creating the difference: How to influence decision makers and commissioners in policy, programme and service design