Greater Manchester Talent Match are pleased to announce the latest instalment in the Employer Workshop series.
As part of Future Proof Greater Manchester - the Business in the Community (BITC) campaign helping businesses create quality and accessible jobs for all young people - GM Talent Match and BITC are hosting a free workshop focused on how employers can support young people with disabilities (including those with learning disabilities) into employment:
Date: Wednesday 13th June 2018
Time: 12:30 – 16:00 (lunch provided)
Venue: Barclays, 7th Floor, 4 Piccadilly Place, Whitworth Street, Manchester M1 3BN
Please note, booking spaces are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Almost a fifth of the working age population are people with a disability, which represents a large proportion of the potential workforce. The GM Talent Match demographic reflects this, with a fifth of programme beneficiaries stating that they have a disability.
- The national average number of people with a learning disability in employment is 5.8%. For much of GM the rate of people with a learning disability in employment, is around half the national rate
- At 19 years of age, young people with a disability are twice as likely as their non-disabled peers to not be in any form of education, employment or training. People with disabilities are twice as likely as non-disabled people to remain so.
- 44.3% of working age people with disabilities are economically inactive, a figure which is nearly four times higher than the figure for non-disabled people (11.5%).
- The World Health Organisation predict that numbers of people with learning disabilities and mental health issues will grow. It is key that businesses understand how to support people with disabilities both into and in work, in order to benefit from an under-utilised talent pool.
Delegates will get a chance to:
- · Learn about support you can freely access for employees with disabilities.
- · Hear case studies from employers sharing their best practice.
- · Share challenges and successes and discover top tips around recruitment.
- · Find out more about the Greater Manchester Talent Match programme.
Please note that by signing up to this workshop, you are happy for your details to be shared with both Business in the Community and Greater Manchester Talent Match. Your details will not be shared with other third-party partners.