Armed Forces Preparation Traineeship @ Military Standard Training
Armed Forces Preparation Traineeship
The programme is aimed at 16-24 year olds who have an interest in joining the Armed Forces, either regular or reserve. The programme aims to develop young people’s state of mind (character) and prepare them not only for the rigours of Military life but the working environment as a whole through embedding key values such as Courage (moral as well as physical), Discipline, Respect for Others, Integrity, Loyalty and Selfless Commitment as well as maintaining standards such as Lawfulness, Appropriate behaviour and Total Professionalism.
Delivery Model and Content
The Traineeship is a roll on roll off model, with starts available every Monday (subject to availability) and will deliver between 288 and 690 hours of training anywhere between a 12 to 26 week period. Learners will attend 6 hours training per day Monday to Thursday between 0930hrs to 1630hrs.
The programme is broken down as follows:
- GLH – Up to 276 hours.
- BTEC Certificate or extended certificate in work skills at Level 1 or 2 dependent upon ability –Maths* – Functional Skills
- English* – Functional Skills
- First Aid at work/Emergency First Aid Work Preparation, and flexible hours
- Work experience – 1 full week residential work experience
- Weekly full day work experience delivered at Castle Armoury, Bury. Potentially 96 hours total.
- Traineeships (18+) – Weekly Reserve night work experience at a local Reserve centre
- Remaining hours are comprised of work preparation training including Physical Training and development, Military Drill, Military Skills and fieldcraft, Volunteering, Discreet personal development, behaviour and welfare sessions including British Values and career exploration.
Our instructors have gained considerable experience in the Armed Forces and will guide trainees through a progressive fitness programme as well as working towards the above qualifications all set in a disciplined military style setting and fashion supported by colleagues from the regular and reserve forces who provide expert IAG and work experience opportunities.
Potential Trainees can visit the centre for more information, contact us by telephone or through Facebook and the website.
Bury and Radcliffe Sea Cadet Unit