'Make it Work' Self Employment Course @ Gingerbread, Manchester
Make it Work is a 6 week Skills Enterprise and Employment Programme for single parents. The project aims to engage, energise and progress single parents living in the City of Manchester and City of Salford on to positive destinations; equipping them with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to successfully manage key life transitions such as moving into work or self employment, now and in the future.
Attendess will receive 1-2-1 support assessing their respective requirements (housing issues, debt management, generic welfare support) & set personal goals relating to personal development and professional career development. Individual Development Action Plans will be tailored to clients with regular progress reviews if required.
The course includes:
- Social interaction with 1-2-1 & group scenarios improving self-esteem/confidence
- Pre-employability topics - CV writing/development, cover/speculative letter, application form filling including focus on supporting statement/person specification theories
- Identyfying potential work sectors of interest & researching how to enter that particular sector
- Market research
- Skills needed for business success
- Choosing the legal status of your business
- What’s your Unique Selling Point
- Marketing and promotional methods
- Personal survival budgeting
- The cost of starting and running a business
- bookkeeping and tax
- Funding your business idea
- What a business plan is and why you may need one
- Guaranteed work placement with Marks & Spencers or Royal Mail
- Clients may then mentor future training attendees
Our next course in Manchester starts on 5th September and 6th November in Salford
Please contact Stacey for more information and to apply.
Windrush Millenium Centre