Computer Buddies Sessions @ Hattersley Library, Tameside
Get help using a computer with our free Computer Buddy sessions available at various libraries across Tameside.
What are Computer Buddies?
Computer Buddies are volunteers who are skilled at helping people with little or no experience of computers.
What can Computer Buddies help me with?
- How to use a mouse and keyboard
- How to open an e-mail account
- Switching on and starting a programme
- How to send and receive e-mails
- How to search and find your way around the Internet – other topics may be available, please ask.
How long do sessions last?
- Sessions can last up to 60 minutes and can be booked in advance.
How do I book a session?
- Booking is easy, simply telephone the library that suits you and ask the staff to book you a 60 minute session.
- If there is something in particular you want to know, simply let the staff know what you are interested in learning and the library staff will let your buddy know.
I’m interested in becoming a Computer Buddy, how do I apply?
- If you would like to become a Computer Buddy and help people learn call 0161 342 2871 and ask for Heather Monk.
Sessions are held Tuesdays, 12pm-4pm at Hattersley Library.