Support Groups for Women with Light, Manchester
What is Light?
Light is a charitable organisation which supports women and children who have been physically or mentally abused who suffer from anxiety, frustration, depression and fear. They ensure they receive the appropriate support and care.
What is the Aim?
The aim of Light is to:
• Provide support and advice to families and victims
• Help victims regain their confidence
• Work with statutory bodies to provide holistic support to victims and their families
• Provide education and empower vulnerable people
• Provide training to upskill victims which opens career and employment opportunities
• Act and work locally with key members of the community who passionately give their time and energy to build resilient communities and prevent human trafficking, domestic violence and rape.
Where and when will this happen?
- Longsight Library
- Levenshulme Inspire - Mondays 10-12
- Madina Mosque
- The Big Life Centre
- Monthly events will be held at the Pakistani Community Centre where the community is invited to eat and share their experiences whilst listening to talks by speakers.
For further information contact Hameeda Khan on 0754 742 1336 / Nagina on 0750 552 0817 / Shazia Yaseen on 0795 800 11041.
The Inspire Centre