Charity Shop Assistant Volunteer @ The Anthony Seddon Centre, Ashton-Under-Lyne
We are seeking committed, approachable individuals to assist in the efficient running of our Charity Shop in a front-of-house capacity. Profits from The Shop are vital in helping to finance the important work of The Anthony Seddon Fund. The Shop also plays a significant role in the promotion of our charitable work and in projecting a positive image of the organisation.
Parts of this role may be interchangeable with our Shop Support Volunteer Role. Please discuss with the Charity Shop Manager the specifics of any role you wish to undertake at The Anthony Seddon Shop.
Hours – A commitment to at least one, 3 hour shift during core hours, Monday-Saturday 9.30am-3.30pm, as agreed with Charity Shop Manager. More shifts are available upon request.
Responsible To – Charity Shop Manager.
Location – The Anthony Seddon Shop, 11A George Street, Ashton, OL6 6AQ.
- Ensure the shop premises are clean and tidy at all times.
- Present merchandise in an attractive and presentable manner.
- Greet members of the public in a friendly manner and handle any enquiries.
- Inform members of the public of the services provided by The Anthony Seddon Fund (where appropriate), signposting to The Anthony Seddon Centre if support with mental health issues is required.
- Cash handling and till operation.
- Assist the Charity Shop Manager in any administrative and financial processes where required.
- Provide cover for the Shop Support Volunteer role where required.
- Any other duties consistent with the duties of the role.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and helpful with good communication skills.
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Organisational skills.
- Money management capabilities.
- To be non-judgmental and non-discriminatory, and to be aware of the importance of equal opportunities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to challenge any breaches of confidentiality by others.
- Commitment to providing volunteer hours as agreed with Charity Shop Manager.
- Commitment to attending all training as requested deemed suitable to this role (e.g. half day suicide awareness training, safeguarding courses etc.).
If you are interested in volunteering as a Mental Health Drop In Volunteer, see our "How To Apply" section to find out more.
11A George Street,