Job Opportunities with Cars 4 Carers, Oldham
The Cars4Carers scheme is for people with no previous experience in a care position, and no driving licence. At the end of it, you will have both, as well as a company car and a qualification in health and social care.
Nightingales Homecare is dedicated to providing support and care for people in their own homes. The range of services we offer will allow a tailored package that meets your needs, you’ll be working with our friendly qualified staff which will provide you with expert advice and guidance.
Purpose of this role:
Care workers help vulnerable people to manage their daily activities and to live as independently as possible.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll start out as a walker, then progress onto being a mobile carer once you have gained your driving license
- getting to know clients and their interests and needs
- helping with personal care like washing, using the toilet and dressing
- food preparation, feeding and giving out medication
- carrying out general tasks like housework, laundry and shopping
- helping clients manage their budget, pay bills and write letters
- supporting families to get used to new caring responsibilities
- giving emotional and practical support to children and young people
- working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- helping to organise leisure activities
- Going with clients to and from their home.
What is required?
- Work Flexible hours full or part time.
- Friendly and Honest
- Passion for caring for people.
- Be reliable, Clean and tidy
- Willing to work some unsociable hours but on a regular rota.
- Have reliable childcare arrangements in place for the hours they agree to work.
- No driving Licence
- No experience in the Care sector
What will I gain?
- A driving Licence
- A company Car
- Experience caring for the elderly and vulnerable
- Experience working to a shift pattern.
- A qualification in health and social care.
Who will I be working with?
Our service users tend to elderly and vulnerable they become comfortable with their carer and like to consistency, rapport and routine that develops quite quickly into a friendship.
The hours will be different shift patterns that may be unsociable hours.
How to Apply – Email Jessica.Price@oldham.gov.uk with a personal statement with a bit about yourself and why you would like a career in the care sector.
17 Salmon Fields Business Village