Work Experience - Bolton FM
Technical / production assistant at Bolton FM
Two week unpaid work experience placement (potential to be extended)
Reporting to the Technical Director/ Business Development Manager
A basic technical knowledge is preferred but “hands on“ training will be provided, so previous radio/ media experience is not essential.
- Have an understanding of the objectives, key commitments and format of the station.
- Assist in reviewing the stations output and refresh and devise new content
- Assist in coaching presenters and producers, sit in on review sessions with them to evaluate their work and seek ways to improve station output.
- Work with and update the stations scheduled play-out system, ensure correct play-out of the scheduled and live programming, having an understanding of the technical systems used.
- Maintain and update the music catalogue, ensure music is selected which appropriate to the programme, the audience and the station.
- Identify new and update existing station imaging in line with the station brand to maintain the on air sound.
- The opportunity to take part in pre-production briefings for presenters, reporters, technical staff and other contributors.
You will also gain experience of:
- Editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary.
- Contributing to generating and researching ideas for programmes, developing content and writing material for presenter reads, adverts and links.
- Helping to source potential contributors and interviewees.
- Contributing to and make use of an archive of audio resources which can be re-used.
In providing a technical support there are no strict hours, and work can be arranged to suit the individuals specific availability.