Art Gardener Volunteer @ The Whitworth
This is a great opportunity at The Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester, part of The University of Manchester. They are looking for volunteers who:
- Have an interest in horticulture and/or an interest in the arts
- Are reasonably fit and willing to work out of doors in all our lovely Manchester weather!
- Are able to commit at least one half-day or one full day a week (*they can be flexible and if you cannot commit to this, they will need more ad-hoc help across the park with Friends of Whitworth Park members)
In return for your time, you will:
- Develop your gardening, artwork and sculpture experience
- Have access to training opportunities; workshops with Sarah Price Landscapes and experts in gardening and sculpture
- The opportunity to complete units of Level 1 Horticulture available with Manchester College
- Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoors!
- Become part of the Whitworth family; see the gallery from the inside and receive invitations to private views and special events
You will have the opportunity to work alongside lots of different people and gain experience of how to:
- Help out with the planned development and general upkeep of the Art Garden and Whitworth Park
- Tidy up, deadhead, weed and care for borders, look after trees, shrubs, plants and propagate seeds
- Assist in the preservation of the gardens
- Maintain the sculptures and check for damage/ corrosion
- Be a friendly face for visitors to the gardens and park and answer any questions they may have
- Aid promotion of the bio diversity within the park
- Give any other appropriate assistance as may be reasonably requested
If you think this is for you, please contact Fiona for more information.
The University of Manchester