Volunteer Café Assistant @ Chronicles Cafe in Falinge Park
Vintage Worx is a Community Development Trust based in Falinge Park in Rochdale who are offering a number of fantastic part-time volunteering opportunites to 18-24 year olds in their on-site cafe. The Volunteer Cafe Assistants positions are a great opportunity for anyone wishing to gain valuable catering experience and relevent training qualifications.
What tasks will the volunteers be required to do?
- Prepare and cook lunchtime dishes
- Provide hot and cold beverages to customers
- Answer customer queries and provide customer service
- Cash handling and till usage responsibilities
- Stock rotation and control
- Maintain a hygienic work environment
What will volunteers gain from this opportunity?
- Experience in a working kitchen environment
- Food Hygiene Level 2 Qualification
- Help and support to identify areas for development and employment progression opportunitiesExperience working within a team environment
- Increased Customer Service and organisation skills
Are there any specific skills and abilities required for this opportunity?
- A good amount of common sense and ability to use initiative
- Excellent standard of personal hygiene
- Previous experience of cooking or preparing food is desireable (not necessarily in a work environment but at least some basic knowledge is required)
- Friendly and polite personality with a willingness to learn and a ‘Can-do’ attitude
Please give details of any recruitment, induction or training activities to be completed prior to starting this opportunity:
- Volunteers will be given a full kitchen induction including training on how to prepare lunches and create speciality coffees/teas as well as an overall company induction regaqarding policies/procedures etc
- Will also participate and complete a Food Hygiene Training course (Level 2)
- Will receive ongoing training and support throughout their volunteer period, including performance reviews for their own development
Please see contact for further details.