Volunteer Gardening Assistant @ Falinge Park Rochdale
Vintage Worx is a Community Development Trust based in Falinge Park in Rochdale who are offering a number of fantastic part-time volunteering opportunites to 18-24 year olds within the park. The Volunteer Gardening Assistants positions are a great opportunity for anyone wishing to gain valuable experience and relevent training qualifications.
What tasks will the volunteers be required to do?
- Help clear garden area within Falinge Park
- Work in a team to help regenerate the area
- Maintain outdoor area
- Complete a Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification
What will volunteers gain from this opportunity?
- Experience in a working in an outdoor landscaping environment
- Emergency First Aid at Work qualification
- Help and support to identify areas for development and employment progression opportunities
- Experience working within a team environment
- Increased time management, planning and organisation skills
Are there any specific skills and abilities required for this opportunity?
- A good amount of common sense and ability to use initiative
- Excellent standard of personal hygiene
- Good team working skills and ability to follow instructions
- Friendly and polite personality with a willingness to learn and a ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Willing to work outside
These are short term positions, lasting between 2 and 14 days. Please contact for more details.