One to One Support @ 42nd Street
One-to-One Support is an individual support programme where you can have regular meetings with a worker from 42nd Street to help you with the stress that comes from difficult things that are happening or have happened in your life.
What sort of stress?
Stress that affects your mental health such as:
- Low mood
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem
- Anxiety and depression
- Overeating or not eating
- Panic attacks
- Avoiding people and situations
- Suicidal thoughts
- Difficulty in managing feelings like anger, sadness and being scared.
What kind of things can cause stress?
- Family problems
- Difficult relationships/friendships
- Abuse (Sexual; physical; emotional)
- Housing and money problems
- Being a parent
- Effects of discrimination
How can individual support help me?
Your worker can offer you some emotional and practical support: When you meet with your worker you will decide together what you want to use your sessions for your sessions. This can include:
- Help you to find ways to manage the stress and how it is affecting you.
- Finding better ways of coping with the problems that are going on in your life.
- Helping you understand better what has been happening in your life.
- Helping you to work on changes that you want to make for your self.
- Advocacy – helping you to get your voice heard.
- Helping you get other support such as: housing, benefits, drugs and alcohol, education and training.
How long are the sessions?
You will usually meet with your worker once per week for about one hour.
How many sessions will I have with the worker?
Together you will agree how many sessions you will need; this will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Will the support be reviewed and how long will it go on for?
You will have regular reviews with your worker.
During the review you talk about whether you are finding the support helpful, whether there are new or different things you need to focus on, and whether your need for the support is coming to an end.
You will also discuss how long the support will continue for and decide when it will finish.
Where will the sessions take place?
The sessions with your worker will be at 42nd Streets offices in Manchester city centre. But if this is not easy for you to get to we will try to find another place to meet that is better for you for example,
- your school/college
- GP surgery
- Community/Youth centre
Is the support confidential?
42nd Street is a confidential service – we won’t pass on information about you to anyone else unless we have good reason to believe that you or someone else is at risk of serious harm.