The University of Manchester Hospitality Academy
This is a 5 week training programme offering the opportunity to gain qualifications and practical work experience.
City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Introduction to Employment in the Hospitality Industry.
This award has been developed to provide learners with an insight into working in the sector and is suitable for anyone considering working within the hospitality industry and is made up of 5 units:
- Introduction to the hospitality industry
- Introduction to personal workplace skills
- Principles of customer service in hospitality leisure travel and tourism
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety for the workplace
ASDAN Level 1 Certificate in Employability:
This qualification is designed to support an individual towards successfully gaining a job, progressing in a chosen field, preparing for further study and supporting the development of techniques required for successful independent living. This comprises of 8 units:
- Applying for a Job – including literacy and completing a University application form
- Managing Personal Finance (Numeracy)
- Maintaining Work Standards
- Planning and Reviewing Learning
- Rights and Responsibilities at Work
- Overcoming Barriers to Work
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Team Working
Benefits of the course:
The course will up-skill all learners’ current hygiene awareness and will give them the required skills to work in a hospitality/customer service environment. The course will also provide an opportunity to prove these skills work in a realistic working environment, in the hospitality industry.