The University of Manchester Domestic Assistant & Building Attendant Academy
This is a 3 week training programme offering the opportunity to gain qualifications and a guaranteed job interview.
ASDAN Level 1 Award in in Employability:
This qualification is designed to support an individual towards successfully gaining a job, progressing in a chosen field, preparing for further study and supporting the development of techniques required for successful independent living and comprises of 8 units:
- Maintaining work standards
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Applying for a job including literacy and completing a University application form
City & Guilds Level 1 certificate in Introduction to the Facilities Industry
The Level 1 Introduction to the Facilities Industry is a QCF qualification available to all that work or wish to work in the facilities industry. Learners can choose the skills they want to focus on and get a greater understanding of topics ranging from managing waste, sustainable use of resources and cleaning in specialised areas. This comprises of 4 units:
- Health, safety and security in the facilities industry
- Workplace hygiene in the facilities industry
- Introduction to working in the facilities industry
- Customer services within the facilities industry
Benefits of the course
The course will up skill all learners’ current knowledge of working within the facilities/cleaning industry. In addition all learners will receive the required support to enable them to complete the University of Manchester application form. There will also be a guaranteed interview on successful completion of the course with Aspire Recruitment agency.