Cook @ Northmoor Community Centre
Opportunity Provider: Northmoor Community Association
- Deciding on a recipe each week and compiling a shopping list ensuring sufficient ingredients are bought to serve over 30 people. The ingredients will be bought by the community centre.
- To volunteer from 10am to 2pm and be responsible for cooking either a meat or vegetarian option for up to 30 people.
- Stock taking/ helping in cashing up.
- General duties such as helping set up tables/ washing up/ filling in cleaning rota etc.
- To contribute to the recipe book by adding new recipes on a weekly basis.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development such as food hygiene level 1+2 and nutrition.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain the Café at Northmoor and provide affordable and healthy food for the community.
- A reference satisfactory to 2 months volunteering at Northmoor.
Based in : Manchester
Open to: Manchester
Opportunity available: Contact for details
Close date: 31st March 2019
Is this opportunity ongoing? Yes
Listing status: Live
Contact person: Joshua