Cooking Club Assistant @ Northmoor Community Centre
Description of the role
The cooking club is a place that brings different people together in a fun environment to share recipes, ideas, make friends, and moreover encourage people to eat healthily. As a volunteer in the cooking club you will be responsible for a wide range of duties, assisting the lead volunteer in preparing and cooking food, empowering the local community to learn new skills and understand the value of nutritious eating, along with other kitchen related tasks.
- Making sure members of the cooking club working well together and treat each other with respect.
- Maintaining cooking club file – making sure cooking club members filling in registration form, signing sheet and feedback forms.
- Assisting Community Development Worker in monitoring the project: taking pictures and input of data (registrations and feedback).
- Setting up room and making sure room is left tidy.
- Responsible for cooking club petty cash tin: paying out ingredients expenses and monitoring expenses
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development such as food hygiene level 1+2 and nutrition.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain the cooking club at Northmoor.
- A reference satisfactory to 20 hours over 3 months volunteering.
- Opportunities to cook at the community café.