Basic IT Assistant @ Northmoor Community Centre
Volunteers are required to help support local residents and people from the community who don’t have much experience in using computers. We offer the community free access to a networked IT suite based and the main reasons for people accessing the Work Club are to set up e-mail accounts, job searching, and CV development, completing online application forms and accessing council and community services online.
- Welcoming new centre users and helping them to get started when they first attend the IT suite.
- Register new clients using the registration forms.
- Support clients with office tasks such as photocopying and printing documents, attaching documents to email etc.
- Enrol clients for online courses and offer support through their learning.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain activities at Northmoor.
- A reference satisfactory to 40 hours over 4 months volunteering at Northmoor.