Launderette Volunteer @ Northmoor Community Centre
Description of the role
As well as providing washing and drying services to the local community, the laundrette has IT facilities for customers to use while they wait. Volunteers are required to help run the community laundrette on Northmoor Road and assist staff in providing good customer service to the local community.
- Build relationships, confidence and trust with customers and residents.
- Maintain stocks of sundry supplies and help with handling money.
- Ensure premises are clean and tidy.
- Provide assistance as required to customers with service washes and any other requests relating to the laundrette; i.e. IT assistance, selling tea/coffee.
- To carry out other reasonable duties that may be identified by the laundrette assistant manager in relation to Health and Safety, abiding by all agreed policies and procedures.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain activities at Northmoor.
- A reference satisfactory to 30 hours over 3 months volunteering at Northmoor.