Freedom Programme with Trafford Domestic Abuse Service
The Freedom Programme is a 12-week information and support programme built around the realities and effects of domestic abuse for women only. It runs for 2 hours a week over a 12 week period and could change your life.
It is facilitated by women and is for women, and gets great reviews and feedback from the women who attend.
The programme is available to women living or working in Trafford, who want to learn more about domestic abuse and its effects.
The programme aims to:
- Help women gain self-esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives
- Help women to understand the beliefs held by abusive men and to recognise which of these beliefs they have shared.
- Assist women to recognise potential abusers
- Illustrate the effects of domestic abuse on children and young people
- Introduce women to community resources such as Women's Aid, Police Public Protection Investigation Unit etc.
- Help women understand the beliefs held by abusive men
- Understand some of the impact that domestic abuse has on children
- Help women recognise some of the behaviours common to abusers and spot potential future abusers