Food Club Volunteer @ Mustard Tree Ancoats
Are you passionate about healthy eating and cooking? Are you enthusiastic in educating others to make healthier choices? Are you helpful, friendly and polite? Are you motivated to buddy and support our Freedom Project participants to develop new skills and achieve their personal development goals?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions then this role could be perfect for you!
Your main task as a Food Club Volunteer is to ensure that our clients have an enjoyable and educational experience when accessing our Food Club project. As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- welcome and assist clients in choosing food from the Food Club
- enable clients to make healthier choices about the food they eat through the use of advice, recipe cards and demonstrations
- ensure goods are well displayed and inviting, following merchandising guidelines
- assist with regular stock checks, date checks and temperature checks
- be vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
- buddy up with Freedom Project participants to develop new skills and achieve their personal development goals
You will be volunteering alongside clients who access the Freedom Project – a life skills and employment programme that is aimed at those who have additional barriers to moving on in life, such as homelessness, mental health issues, addiction recovery or a criminal record so we ask that candidates have a positive and non-judgemental attitude.
Available shift times are currently 09:00 – 17:00 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We may be able to accommodate half days so please make us aware of your availability on the application form. All successful candidates will need to have a DBS check carried out before volunteering can start.
Applicants must be over the age of 18. If you would like to become a Food Club Volunteer, please visit how to apply.
110 Oldham Road