Health & Safety in Construction Course @ 3B Training
CITB Site Safety Plus Health & Safety Awareness
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness is a course for those who work in construction. The course is used as a basic introduction into understanding the potential hazards on site. Delegates will also learn how to contribute to keeping the workplace safe.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents.
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety Law.
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure.
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
The course will also cover The Health & Safety at Work Act and its surrounding regulations. All of the regulations covered will relate to the construction industry. Below are the units that the course will include:
- Everyday Responsibilities.
- Reporting and Preventing Accidents.
- An Introduction into Health and Welfare.
- Working At Height. Manual Handling.
- (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment.
- First aid and Emergency Procedures.
- Control and Prevention of Fire.
- Electrical Safety.
- Hazardous Substances.
- Handheld Tools and Equipment. Safety with Site Transport.
- Vibration and Noise. Confined Spaces and Excavation.
On completion of the course delegates will apply for the CITB Health & Safety and Environment touch screen test and when passed, will obtain their CSCS green labourer's card.
For further information contact Matthew.