Advantage-Dyslexia offer screening and evaluation and subsequent advice and guidance in overcoming barriers that can be created by not tackling the problems of dyslexia.
- Poor performance at school
- Frustration and stress due to experiences at school
- Inaccuracies, e.g. misreading instructions
- Having to re-read something over and over
- Poor reading speed
- Struggles in recalling what has been read
- Reluctance to speak or present in public
- Persistent difficulty in spelling
- Problems with legibility and speed of handwriting, and presentation and difficulty with punctuation
- Difficulty with concentration and attention
- Poor organisational skills, e.g. problems with time¬keeping and meeting deadlines
- Difficulties with memory
- Often better at practical activities with reduced reading and writing skills
- Low self-esteem, leading to a loss of motivation and anxiety.
Literacy and Numeracy, Skills for Life